Saturday, April 3, 2010

Top Ten

Top Ten things I do as a parent that make me a little less sane each day:

10. Wiping up bodily fluids. Whether it is tee-tee, boogies, poop, puke, spit up, drool. You name it I am wiping it or covered in it.

9. The fact that I now say things like tee-tee, boogies, poopers, and lovies. I speak a new language only other moms understand.

8. That whenever I leave the house I have to remember at least 50 things to take so that my kids are content and happy wherever we are going.

7. That I am no longer able to carry a regular size purse...it is luggage.

6. That I hear the phrase "ummmm mommy, mommy, mommy, mooooomy!" about
2, 348, 029 times a day. One is not even speaking yet.

5. That vacations are no longer vacations. It means because we are in a hotel room or a new place, neither kid is going to sleep well and I will have a tiny little foot imprint in my back the next day. Leaving home overnight is really just not an option right now.

4. That I find myself singing and listening to songs that will make your brain explode if listened to for long periods of time.

3. That I have lost control of my car radio, television, computer, i-Phone etc. I officially have nothing that belongs to me.

2. That I now make at least 2 meals a night because I have a very picky eater. This is my official public apology to every parent I ever nannied for when I thought, "just make him eat it." Ha ha how silly of me.

1. That every time I see a new little baby I think for a second, "awww I want another one someday". Pure insanity.

I love you my little rugrats!!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, you make me smile!!! Cherish those 10 special things because they are fleeting and it happens oh so fast. And, as they disappear one by one you will find yourself sadly missing them as crazy as that sounds. It makes me teary just to type this as I remember my beautiful 18 year old when he did all of these things...I crave those precious moments now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And as Bellah approaches his 30th birthday, I too remember these times. I also miss these moments and wonder where did the time go. You will look back and wonder why it all flew by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know! I am trying to appreciate it all...even the craziness!

    ReplyDelete