Monday, January 11, 2010

I used to be a girl???

This morning's conversation with Aiden went a little something like this:

Aiden: "Lily stop it! You're getting my cars all wet! No biting stuff!"

me: "Aiden Lily is just a baby she doesn't understand. She has little teeth coming in and they hurt. She chews on stuff to help her teeth feel better."

Aiden: "Noooo, she doesn't have teeth."

me: "Yes, look. She has two little teeth coming in, see."

Aiden: "Why her biting my cars?"

me: " I just told you. Her teeth hurt and it makes them feel better to chew on things. When you were a little baby, you were just like Lily. You had teeth coming in and you would chew on stuff too. Mommy and daddy let you because we knew you were just trying to make your teeth feel better."

Aiden: (lightbulb goes off) "Oh, when I was a baby I was a girl."

me: "No Aiden you weren't a girl you just..."

Aiden: "Yeah mommy I was a girl when I was a baby."

me: "No Aiden you...."

Aiden: "I WAAAS A GIIIIRRL!"

Me: "Want to go to Target with mommy?"

Aiden: "Okay."

You can't win them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment