Friday, December 11, 2009

Sarcasm anyone?

Okay, anyone who knows me well knows I am a bit sarcastic. See even there I couldn't help myself. I am pretty sure I drive Sam crazy...okay I know I do. I know this because he tells me that sometimes I don't know how to "turn it off". Yeah well, you married me! (Love you honey!) Anywho, I come from a long life of smartasses and that is pretty much just how we do things in our family. With that said, I am not sure why I was surprised when my little firstborn angel inherited this lovely trait of mine. Really, the kid had no hope. Now, I know that I am the mom and I am allowed to say things to my child that he is under no circumstance allowed to say back but sometimes it is just hilarious. Exhibit A: Yesterday I sat him down to explain to him why we can not just take toys from Lily. About 30 seconds in to my ramblings I guess he got bored, also a trait he picked up from me. I am slightly ADD, can you tell. Poor kid. Okay so anywho, he stared at me and said, "Uhhhh I hear you, that's enough, nevermind it". There I stood awestruck. I knew there would be a day when my sweet little cherub baby would turn into an mouthy little boy, I just didn't think it would be at THREE! I wasn't sure whether to laugh or beat the child. (Disclaimer-I would never beat my child. Just more sarcasm.) Now my mouth gets me into trouble sometimes. I have a hard time knowing when to shut up. I know get a shocked look on your face. I stood there pained for him knowing all of the trouble he will most likely be in growing up. I flashed back to my childhood where everyday my mom prayed I would just be quiet in class. Just one day. Yeaaah, never gonna happen. So the question is how do I tell my 3 year old not to have an attitude when it flows through his veins like the Nile. I guess I just do my best to curb it in the right direction. So lesson of today, and the next day and the next and the next. Use your smartass powers for good, not evil. I think I may even get him a cape. If you think about it, start praying for Lily now. She's gonna need it.


No comments:

Post a Comment