Monday, November 9, 2009

Halloween

Well our Halloween day did not go quite as expected. We started the day by meeting Lauren and Jack (Aiden's best friend in the whole wide world!). I thought it would be a great idea to give the pumpkin patch one more shot, seeing as the time prior did not go quite as planned. a.k.a Aiden through massive fit and Lily did not take one cute pic. Which let's face it is one of the main reasons I went. You have to have the "cute fluffy baby in a pumpkin patch" pic. It is a parenting must. Instead I got the "red faced, curled toes, screaming baby in a pumpkin patch" photo. Which was equally as entertaining. See earlier post. Anywho, Aiden was super excited. We got to the pumpkin patch and I told Aiden that we were not going to ride a bunch of rides we were just going to hang out with Lauren and Jack. Insert crying here ______! So I said, fine we will ride a few rides. I agreed because I just wanted a happy fun day that Aiden would remember as one of his first big boy Halloweens. Insert happy child. (I promise he is not as spoiled as it sounds.) So Aiden jumps out of the car and embraces Jack with that I am so happy you are here look on his face. We let the boys run around in the field...oh wait...MUDDY AS COULD BE...field. New shoes=covered in a nice cakey layer of mud. There goes my freshly vacuumed car. I think happy thoughts. It is halloween and it WILL be a fun, laughy, make lots of memories kind of day. So we ride the hay ride, let the boys ride the ferris wheel and decide it is picture time. Insert Lily puking on me. We got some pics of the boys, Lily, me and Lily, etc. We see this old wooden wagon and decide that it would be the cutest picture of the boys. Insert Lily puking on me again. I load Aiden on and am pulling out my camera when I see a bee right by his face. There had been bees everywhere that day. I am pretty sure they were mocking my failed attempts. So anyways, it hovers right in front of Aidens eye and before I can brush it away, Aiden panics and covers his eye trapping the bee between his hand and eyelid. Insert hysterical-just-got-stung-in-the-eye-by-a-freaking-bee child! I get him to pull his hand away and notice he has the bee in his clinched fist and has a kung fu grip on this thing. Luckily it did not sting his hand too! I scoop up the poor little bug (Aiden not the bee) and love on him like my life depends on it. I felt so bad! Insert Lily puking on Lauren. I said lets go home and rest. He started crying so hard I could not understand what he was saying. I finally make it out in between his deep gasping for air breaths: " IIIIII....wawawant...to...riiiiiddde...thethethe....feerrrisss.....wheeeeeeel". So we did. Then I loaded up my puffy eyed boy and spit faced little girl and drove home to prepare for a night of fun.
Well Halloween night turned out much better. Aiden's swollen eye looked so much better and he was a hit in his dinosaur costume. He got to jump on one of those inflated tramps where you are harnessed in. He thought it was the greatest thing since wow wow wubzy found the pirate treasure. The day was memorable to say the least and I did get some really cute pics of the kiddos after all. Insert "cute as can be baby in the hay"!






























No comments:

Post a Comment